ModalAI's VOXL is built on the Qualcomm Flight Pro architecture. ModalAI is led by the team that developed Qualcomm Flight Pro at Qualcomm. Accessibility and ease of use are really important to the team at ModalAI, and much of their effort is spent making this architecture easy to integrate.
The VOXL advances the Snapdragon Flight and Qualcomm Flight Pro architectures to enable complete references for :
- PX4 Avoidance and Navigation
- ROS Autonomous Navigation
- Snapdragon Navigator flight controller
- Beyond Visual Line of Sight with LTE
We make many configurations of VOXL available to ease integration into your sUAS or robotics application:
- Stand-alone Development Kit (VOXL-DK)
- Machine Vision Development Kit (VOXL-DK-MV)
- Mounted and calibrated Development Kit (VOXL Flight Deck)
- A complete Reference Drone! (VOXL m500)
- Open source Linux kernel, cross-compilers, PX4, ROS, OpenCV
- Docker build environment for CPU, GPU (OpenCL) and DSP (Hexagon SDK) heterogeneous computer vision and deep learning processing.
- Run Docker on VOXL target for improved portability and maintenance.
- Add cellular LTE connectivity for beyond visual line of sight (add-on).
- Snapdragon 821: Quad-core up to 2.15GHz, GPU, 2xDSP, Linux
- Video support: 3x MIPI cameras, UVC
- Machine vision support: time synchronized IMU and cameras
- Additional I/O: WiFi, SPI, I2C, UART, GPIO
- Light weight, powerful, SWAP-optimized computing:
- PCB weight 18g
- Power Module weight 13g
- Cameras (6g)
- Power consumption 3-10W