VOXL® is Built from Qualcomm Flight Pro
ModalAI's VOXL is built on the Qualcomm Flight Pro architecture. ModalAI is led by the team that developed Qualcomm Flight Pro at Qualcomm. Accessibility and ease of use are really important to the team at ModalAI, and much of their effort is spent making this architecture easy to integrate. VOXL, VOXL Flight and VOXL 2 are all NDAA '20 Section 848 Compliant..
VOXL is a Modular, Open Platform
The VOXL advances the Snapdragon Flight and Qualcomm Flight Pro architectures to enable complete references for :
- PX4 Avoidance and Navigation
- ROS Autonomous Navigation
- Snapdragon Navigator flight controller
- Beyond Visual Line of Sight with LTE
Meet VOXL 2
VOXL 2 advances the Blue UAS Framework program by enabling smaller, smarter, and safer drones. At only 16 grams, VOXL 2 boasts 15+ TOPS, advanced onboard AI, and 5G capabilities.
Multiple VOXL Configurations
- Open source Linux kernel, cross-compilers, PX4, ROS, OpenCV
- Docker build environment for CPU, GPU (OpenCL) and DSP (Hexagon SDK) heterogeneous computer vision and deep learning processing.
- Run Docker on VOXL target for improved portability and maintenance.
- Add cellular LTE connectivity for beyond visual line of sight (add-on).
- Snapdragon 821: Quad-core up to 2.15GHz, GPU, 2xDSP, Linux
- Video support: 3x MIPI cameras, UVC
- Machine vision support: time synchronized IMU and cameras
- Additional I/O: WiFi, SPI, I2C, UART, GPIO
- Light weight, powerful, SWAP-optimized computing:
- PCB weight 18g
- Power Module weight 13g
- Cameras (6g)
- Power consumption 3-10W